Should the President suspend habeas corpus and arrest those invading our borders?

Can you show us the regulation that allows undocumented immigrants to receive taxpayer financed welfare?

Just typical regurgitated right wing talking points that have nothing to do with the topic. Label me surprised.

Right wing talking points? It’s not surprising that you fail to engage in a productive debate and prefer to use old and tired rhetoric and innuendo to evade what is posted.

I’m not sure what you mean by “right wing talking points”. But, from where I stand, both political party leaderships have been the enemy of "small government", or, to be more precise, they have been the enemy of the defined and limited powers granted to our federal government by our written Constitution.

To summarize these limited powers, as stated by one prominent member of the Convention which framed our Constitution, let me refer you to Madison who writes in FEDERALIST PAPER NO. 45

The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal government are few and defined. Those which are to remain in the State governments are numerous and indefinite. The former will be exercised principally on external objects, as war, peace, negotiation, and foreign commerce; with which last the power of taxation will, for the most part, be connected.

The powers reserved to the several States will extend to all the objects which, in the ordinary course of affairs, concern the lives, liberties, and properties of the people, and the internal order, improvement, and prosperity of the State.

Are we in agreement that both political party Leaderships are the enemy of “small government”, meaning government confined by our written Constitution?

JWK

The powers of the legislature are defined and limited; and that those limits may not be mistaken or forgotten, the constitution is written. To what purpose are powers limited, and to what purpose is that limitation committed to writing; if these limits may, at any time, be passed by those intended to be restrained? ______ MARBURY v. MADISON, 5 U.S. 137 (1803)

Very odd requirement.

I don’t think that’s the cause of it here.

Hell No. And really if this was 3 years ago. You’d never begin to suggest this if Obama were president. Posts like this are getting more and more ridiculous every day.

He’d suggest it. He’s suggested many times before that Obama should be charged with treason for “giving aid and comfort to the enemy” in the form of restoring habeas corpus to people who were locked up in Guantanamo Bay.

My goodness. That sure was a lengthy post. Unfortunately, it ignores a few facts.

President Trump and the Republican Party own this shutdown. That’s just a fact.

Luckily we’re going have the adults in charge of the House of Representatives in a few days, so hopefully this shutdown will end soon.

"President Trump and the Republican Party own this shutdown"? That’s just a fact?

Let us look at the facts which you may not be acquainted with, or pretend do not exist because of political partisan ignorance.

The fact is, H.R.695 ___ a bill passed by the House and now in the Senate which would finance the federal government and end the shutdown ___ needs ten democrats for its passage. But minority leader Schumer is threatening fellow democrats in the Senate to not vote for H.R.695, because of Sec. 141 which reads:

”Notwithstanding any other provision of this Act, there is appropriated for ‘ U.S. Customs and Border Protection—Procurement, Construction, and Improvements’ $5,710,357,000 for fiscal year 2019, to remain available until September 30, 2023. The bill would pass”

Those, my friend, are the “facts”.

Now, the only remaining question concerning the bill which adults would not shy away from discussing is , putting all the rhetoric, misdirection, finger pointing and political partisan innuendos aside, is it not within the meaning of "general welfare’’, as found in our Constitution, to spend a measly $5.7 billion to secure our southern border using appropriate means commensurate with the variances in its terrain?

JWK

Illegal immigration is now costing American citizens over $18 billion a year in healthcare costs alone, far more than the measly $5 billion asked for to build a wall! LINK

The same “adults” who publicly pouted in protest when their anti gun legislation was blocked during Obama’s term. I’m not sure you actually know what an adult is. :roll_eyes:

That’s a really long way of saying you’re missing the point.

Donald Trump wants a shutdown unless Congress funds his border wall. He’s proud of shutting the government down by using his influence as the head of the Republican Party.

No matter. In a few days the adults will be in charge of the House of Representatives, and they’ll pass a clean CR with no wall funding. Lets see if Donald continues with this shutdown nonsense.

On 1/3/2019 John a bill will be passed in the house,sent to the senate and approved by Schumer.

Than what will your excuse be?

Allan

Looks like it’ll have $1.3 billion dollars for border security. I’m sure there are enough votes in the Senate for it to pass, assuming the Republican leadership allows it to come to the floor for a vote.

That was another deceptive video with a lot of footage thrown in from the incidents that occurred at Mexico’s southern border (and falsely edited to seem as if it were the US/Mexico border) to make it seem a lot worse. If it really was that bad the video’s editors wouldn’t need to lie to convince the viewer.

Nothing more than propaganda

tiny trump, your orange god, himself said that he owns this shutdown…you cannot deny something that he said on tape for all to see…can you?

I was hoping my new monitor would have made it past New Year’s breakfast, but now it has coffee all over it.

Evidence, please, John? The most recent study I found puts the number at 21.8%, which according to my math is somewhat less than 50%. You’re not trying to sneak in seniors getting Social Security as “free cheese eaters” again, are you?

A 2015 report from the Survey of Income and Program Participation found that, in 2012, 21.8 percent of all U.S. families, on average, participated in at least one major means-tested program per month.

Census Bureau study

Previously, the CR passed the Senate and Trump refused to sign. The govt would have stayed open had Trump signed. You didn’t know that?

We need a one-and-only wall thread. All the OP’s threads are just more flooding of the same topic.

And what about all the threads bashing our President with respect to immigration rather than actually discussing policy designed to promote the general welfare of the United States and her citizens?

What about the devastating social and financial impact unregulated immigration is having upon American citizens and their communities?

I know their is a desire to shut down any opposing points of view by those embracing uncontrolled immigration. But is that desire productive in a nation where freedom of expression is a founding principle?

JWK

Illegal immigration is now costing American citizens over $18 billion a year in healthcare costs alone, far more than the measly $5 billion asked for to build a wall! LINK