Should the President suspend habeas corpus and arrest those invading our borders?

Given the 2004 Rasul v. Bush decision, I think I would agree… :joy:

Trump shouldn’t do it. Congress is who should do it with authorization to Trump to take advantage of the suspension.

America’s Founders were concerned about invasion. It was mentioned it four times in the Constitution, though the term was never explicitly defined.

Article I, Section 8, Paragraph 15: The Congress shall have the Power (to) provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

Article I, Section 9, Paragraph 2: The Privilege of the Writ of Habeas Corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in cases of Rebellion or Invasion the public Safety may require it.

Article I, Section 10, Paragraph 3: No State shall, without the Consent of Congress, lay any Duty of Tonnage, keep Troops, or Ships of War in time of Peace, enter into any agreement or Compact with another State, or with a foreign Power, or engage in War, unless actually invaded, or in such imminent Danger as will not admit of delay.

Article IV, Section 4, Paragraph 1: The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestics Violence.

http://www.cairco.org/issues/us-constitution-invasion

Then Trump can have National Guard and Border agents use deadly force to repel this invasion at our Southern Border.

Works for me!

I think it was pretty clear at the time that they were referring to military style invasion.

Minefields. They’re a cheap, effective, long-term deterrent.

An invasion is an invasion. They are using germ warfare. They are killing and raping our citizens. They are taking our jobs. They are stealing our wealth. They are conquering our cities. They are spreading gangs and damaging our youth with their drugs. They are voting in our elections in the millions and millions!

They must be stopped at the border. Kill on sight!

The Vietcong used booby traps to great effectiveness against larger and better equipped forces.

Minefields, booby-traps, fire, atomics. Latin Americans represent the zombie apocalypse to Real Americans, and must be stopped by all means necessary.

That and FLIR guided LPWS set up every 1.5 to 2 miles along the border and we wouldn’t need a wall.

Why are so many weak people talking about suspending civil rights? That won’t dissuade the mindless Latino undead.

We need sharks with friggin’ lasers on their heads…

Well then. To paraphrase Chief Brody, “You’re going to need a bigger moat!”

Here’s a mock-up
shark-with-frickin-laser-beam-300x244

Those are Great Whites, right?

:thinking:

If they ain’t white, they ain’t right…

Ami-alt-rite?!?

Why aren’t you on our Southern Border, camped out with your little pop gun, protecting us from the big bad invaders instead of wanting to attack our own Constitution because it’s too hard for you to comply?

After all…“the Constitution isn’t a suicide pact”…you keep going like that…shows us how much you really hate America.

I know quite a few Deplorables who would not have a problem with this.

:zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face: TIme to learn to not talk about these kinds of things unless you want the tiny trump police to visit you at night.

Only with the Japanese, slaves, and native Americans…

But…for the most part they weren’t white males, so who’s really counting?

If those black housewives in SC didn’t want to go to jail, they shouldn’t have been criminals by not doing white peoples laundry and cooking.