Ok, NOW it’s time for Northam to step down

Seattle isn’t “lily white.” And even if it was, would that mean that racism and segregation would be against white people by other white people?

Like i said its all about the d behind the name. Byrd, a person linked to the kkk, stuck to the democrat plantation and was commended for it.

It’s pretty white here compared to were I moved from. We have a small African American population compare to most U.S. cities. Of course you can drive 3 hours south to Portland we’re there is even less percentage of African Americans.

I don’t even think we have 8% African American here, compare that to were I grew up in Nashville which was around 30%. And yes it very segregated here but not as much as D.C.

Conan is another Seattle resident here maybe you can ask him if you don’t believe me. We do have a significant Asian population around 14% because of all the insourcing from technology jobs.

I don’t have to ask anyone. I looked it up. 14% Asian does not a “lily white” city make. How segregated is DC?

Byrd was a Klansman about 20 years before he became U. S. Senator and went on to be one of the most powerful liberals in the Senate yet a pic from thirty plus years ago gonna take this liberal down :thinking:

DC. is one of the most segregated cities in the US.

Compare our demographics in Seattle to any other U.S. cities with a metropolitan near 4 million and find one with less percentage of African Americans than Seattle, the left her preaches diversity they don’t practice it.

Why did you expand your argument to the “metropolitan” area? You started out with the city of Seattle.

Regardless of city or metro everyone knows the PNW in general is not as diverse as most U.S. states this isn’t some conspiracy subject. I think Seattle is the no. 5 whitest city and Portland is no 1. As I said there was much more diversity in my birth city of Nashville than were I live now for the last ten years, Seattle.

The people she claimed were there and witnessed the supposed offenses said they were not, or that they had not witnessed any such thing.

That is a refutation of her testimony.

You said Seattle was “lily white” but you weren’t specific. I don’t think 65% white fits the definition and where you moved from doesn’t matter.

It’s closer to 70% and this is just within the city when you count the metropolitan area of King county it gets dramatically whiter. Yes we do have a 14% Asian population a significant portion are contract workers though on work visas working for Amazon, Microsoft etc… Maybe I should have been a little more specific Seattle and Portland has the lowest African American population of any cities in the U.S.

I am originally from Nashville and the difference is huge in the way people of color and whites interact in the two cities. We have a thing here called “The Seattle Freeze” which basically means it’s not the easiest place to make friends. It took me a few years to make friends outside of work compared to Nashville, we’re more people are friendly and I see many more mixed couples in Nashville than I do in Seattle. Portland on the other hand. If the state of Vermont was a city it would be Portland.

From Wikipedia:

The racial composition of the city in 2016 was 65.7% white, 14.1% Asian, 7.0% Black, 0.4% Native American, 0.9% Pacific Islander, 2.3% from other races, and 5.6% from two or more races. 6.6% of the population is Hispanic or Latino of any race.[8]

You said Seattle was “lily white.” The fact that it is whiter than where you came from doesn’t make your statement accurate.