Another Sodom and Gomorrah

Are you geing serious?

If witness don’t promise under god not to lie how will we know for sure they are telling the truth.

Same here.

Can I choose who helps me?

So help me beer
So help me cheese steak
So help me LOLHazcheezburgers

It’s a CEC world, and we’re just living in it.

I believe the commandment about using the Lord’s name in vain refers to situations like this, where you’re warning people about judgment that’s probably not going to happen.

Do you really think that two states and the District of Columbia will be annihilated by the Lord for this change? Did you ask and get an answer? You’re pulling the Lord into it without even knowing what he thinks about it.

What you’re doing here is name dropping someone more powerful than you for extra muscle in a disagreement, without any consent or guidance.

Since there should be little trouble finding ten righteous people in New York, California or Washington D.C., they are probably safe from divine wrath regardless of what the Democrats do.

Just so everyone knows… there are like tons of churches here in NYC.

So help me fat donald?

You only wish that on your enemies.

And the largest Jewish population outside of Israel

some of the best looking catholic churches in America are in NYC

As well as synagogues, mosques and a wide range of temples. But even without that, you probably could still find ten righteous people among 8.5 million.

No!! LEAVE IT IN FOR THREE MORE YEARS. A ton of the people testifying will be republicans who go to church.

There is a huge Episcopal cathedral here also.

So like, not separating them from their children and stuff? Or building walls?

Amen, amen, I say to you, whoever does not enter a sheepfold through the gate but climbs over elsewhere is a thief and a robber. (John 10:1)

Did they enter through the gate?

Of course, there is this little tidbit from the Bible:

Matthew 5:33-37 ESV / 209 helpful votes

“Again you have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not swear falsely, but shall perform to the Lord what you have sworn.’ But I say to you, Do not take an oath at all, either by heaven, for it is the throne of God, or by the earth, for it is his footstool, or by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King. And do not take an oath by your head, for you cannot make one hair white or black. Let what you say be simply ‘Yes’ or ‘No’; anything more than this comes from evil.

But, hey - let’s not let that distract from a good rant.

No way are there ten righteous people in Washington DC…:sunglasses:

Going beyond religious belief.

Why do away with a tradition? Is there a harm in this phrase meaning an honorable commitment to represent?

To me if this bothers someone, perhaps public office isn’t the place for them.

Save the tradition, honor those who laid the foundation for our well being.

:older_adult:t3:

When on your death bed lets see if you are still an atheist.